Re: [News] Linux is Eating Sun Microsystems' Lunch

____/ Toad on Monday 20 August 2007 01:33 : \____

> flyer wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:33:48 +0100
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > Sun Sparc defectors tap Transitive for Linux migrations
>> >
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>> >
>> > http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142
>> > ,sid39_gci1268396,00.html
>> >
>> > Even Sun uses Linux (see bottom).
>> >

>> > Yesterday:
>> >
>> > Sun set on server business?
>> >
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>> >
>> > http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1336
>> >

>> > Related:
>> >
>> > Sun's X64-Based Streaming Server Runs on Linux
>> >
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>> >
>> > http://www.itjungle.com/breaking/bn042607-story01.html
>>

>> Linux is HUNGRY. It's going to eat everyone's lunch. The insanity of
>> proprietary lockdown is GONE forever. Linux developement is rumbling
>> like a storm.
>
> How can anything "free" eat anyone's lunch? The notion of a
> professional Linux developer is an oxymoron. The only people that
> develop on Linux are college students working on class projects and
> they don't have a choice.

Yeah... all those Oracle developers and college students from Google... I guess
that all Linux users are also geeks like Michael Dell and Mark Shuttleworth.

Enough with stereotypes.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate