[News] H1-B Visa Program Discriminates Against Free Software Developers?

  • Subject: [News] H1-B Visa Program Discriminates Against Free Software Developers?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 02:41:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open source developers face H1-B visa puzzle

,----[ Quote ]
| Many very capable open source developers don’t have a college degree and the
| program does not easily accommodate them.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/082007-open-source-h1-b.html

Related:

Bill Gates to address Senate panel

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates is scheduled to descend on Capitol Hill
| next week to pepper a U.S. Senate committee with his suggestions for
| boosting American competitiveness.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-6163930.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Study: There Is No Shortage of U.S. Engineers

,----[ Quote ]
| ...a new study from Duke University calls this argument bunk, stating
| that there is no shortage of engineers in the United States, and
| that offshoring is all about cost savings.

Is There a Shortage of U.S. Tech Workers?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/career/article.php/3667376