Re: [News] Free Software Becomes an Appealing Option, Rosegarden 1.6.0 Available

> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 10 December 2007 08:46 : \____

>>> ____/ 7 on Monday 10 December 2007 00:14 : \____

>>> A lot of professional (top-notch) audio equipment is Linux-based. I posted
>>> one example yesterday. Hollywood uses GNU/Linux for film production as well.
>>>
>>> Ignore the troll.
>>>

>> Something really seems to have rattled Gary's cage.  Perhaps he's
>> feeling lonely?
>
> Oh, you should see Gary on Digg. yesterday, one of the regulars there saw Gary,
> checked his profile and told me something along the lines of "Oh my god,
> you've got some crazy stalker". More people there have begun recognising very
> well (some have known it for months) that Microsoft's shills have moved to
> Digg. Timmy, Gary and 2 more people from COLA (I'm not entirely sure which is
> which) are attacking me there (libel included), modding all my comments down,
> possibly bury my submissions, and rarely attack some other people and spread
> COLA-type FUD. They brought COLA culture right into Digg and the UNIX/Linux in
> Digg has gone from highly-lively to almost vacant (there are Digg competitors
> like FSDaily). Almost no Linux stories make the front page anymore (a decline
> of about 80%), so Microsoft gets its way. Microsoft is also the advertiser in
> Digg now, with flashy annoying ads that piss lots of people off.
>
> Anyway... I've gone off topic.

Have you?  I think not.  Advocacy remains advocacy wherever its done.
There's something rather ironic about the picture you paint.  You start
with a vibrant and exciting cultural corner of the net, and then the
Microsoft Shillcosystem turns up, and within a few weeks, they've
destroyed the verdant environment and left a desert behind them.
They're kind of like the goats of the internet.  They will destroy
anything growing in range of their tether.

In any case, I'd take it as a serious compliment that they've felt so
threatened by what you've been doing that they've been directed by their
paymasters to stalk you in other fora.

In my view, as Vista's failure becomes ever more apparent, this
behaviour can only degrade, yet it's as degrading for the perpetrator
as the recipient.