[News] Google Brings GNU/Linux Version of Picasa Close to Windows Parity

  • Subject: [News] Google Brings GNU/Linux Version of Picasa Close to Windows Parity
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 05:11:19 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Picasa 2.7 for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Google has a preview release of Picasa 2.7 for Linux. The previous version
| launched last year didn't include the features from Picasa 2.5+ for Windows
| (like the Picasa Web integration), so this is a good opportunity to add these
| features to Linux.
`----

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2007/12/picasa-27-for-linux.html

Related:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7747894@N05/530284454/in/set-72157600310669314/

Google Desktop for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is all about choice and its nice to see programs coming from all areas.
| Google Desktop for Linux does work well and offers features that worked well
| and unobtrusively. I prefered Google Desktop over Beagle because of Google
| Desktop's ability to index Gmail and the fact that it’s not dependant on the
| dog slow Mono library. Well done G people.
`----

http://lunapark6.com/google-desktop-for-linux.html

Google Desktop For Linux [Review]

,----[ Quote ]