[News] [Rival] Microsoft Shows Signs of Windows Vista Disappointments

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Shows Signs of Windows Vista Disappointments
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 03:24:34 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What Went Wrong with Windows Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| December is the month for year-end reviews. We begin our first 2007 look back
| by offering 10 reasons why Vista failed to "WOW" consumers or businesses.
|
| Make no mistake: Despite PR assertions otherwise, Windows Vista did not meet
| Microsoft expectations. The signs are everywhere:
|
|     * Windows Vista advertising ended almost as abruptly as it started
|
|     * Microsoft beat the drum a bit too loudly about the number of Vista
|       licenses shipped
|
|     * Windows Ultimate Extras became a real dreamscape of empty promises
|
|     * Microsoft already is advancing plans for Vista-successor Windows 7
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/what_went_wrong_with_windows_vista.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/yu5u9a

Related:

Ugly view mars Windows Vista birthday

,----[ Quote ]
| According to latest data from NPD, Microsoft is shipping fewer boxed copies
| of Windows Vista than it did Windows XP at the same point in the operating
| systems' lifecycles.
`----

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/11/30/vista_birthday/

Tesco sell computers with Ubuntu pre-installed - Linux on the up?

,----[ Quote ]
| Tesco is the world's third largest grocery retailer, and also sells
| everything from clothes to electrical equipment.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure
%20/2007/10/21/tesco-sell-computers-with-ubuntu-pre-installed-linux-on-the-up/

Microsoft admits Vista screwed - report

,----[ Quote ]
| Vista SP1 is code named "Fiji", presumably after a pretty looking
| island which is paralysed by coups.
|
| In a statement regarding the service pack Microsoft admits that
| Vista has "high impact" problems.

Microsoft Vista Waster

,----[ Quote ]
| Computer and software manufacturers have turned computers from a convenient
| tool to a means of dictating to us what to buy next.
`----

http://flyingimam.blogspot.com/2007/09/microsoft-vista-waster.html

The Vista Death Watch

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has extended the life of Windows XP because Vista has simply not
| shown any life in the market. We have to begin to ask ourselves if we are
| really looking at Windows Me/2007, destined to be a disdained flop. By all
| estimates the number of Vista installations hovers around the number of Macs
| in use.
|
| How did this happen? And what’s going to happen next? Does Microsoft have a
| Plan B? A number of possibilities come to mind, and these things must be
| considered by the company itself.
`----

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2209837,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03079TX1K0000584

Vista sales slow despite record MS profit

,----[ Quote ]
| The sales rate of Microsoft's Windows Vista is gradually slowing down as the
| operating system reaches the one-year anniversary of its release to
| businesses, according to the company's latest financial results.
`----

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/10/26/vista.sales.rate.slowing/

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838
http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq