Re: Reasons Listed for NVIDIA to Open-source Its Driver (Just like AMD and Intel)

On Dec 7, 10:08 pm, The Ghost In The Machine
<ew...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, flatfish
> <flatf...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 07 Dec 2007 21:25:57 -0500
> <3vvjl31c0ptu3oqiahckdsdval41jke...@xxxxxxx>:
>

> > On Sat, 08 Dec 2007 00:09:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> > <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >>____/ tha...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 07 December 2007 23:38 : \____

> >>Troll handbook:
>
> >>1. Pick one among many x00-line posts from Rex Ballard
> >>2. Nitpick and find something that can be questioned
> >>3. Attack Rex Ballard
> >>4 ...
> >>5. [Microsoft] Profit!
>
> >>Carry on with the good posts, Rex. Don't reply to the trolls because they'll
> >>never stop. They'll just waste your time.
>
> > More like:
>
> > 1. Read about how the military broke into Rex's high school locker to
> > steal his plans for some new secret weapon.
> > 2. Read about Rex running around in a dress chasing men so he could
> > catch women.
> > 3. Read how nuts like you support this stuff.
> > 4. Associate Schestowit, Rex, Mark Kent, William Poaster with Linux
> > and reach the logical conclusion that Linux advocates in COLA are ALL
> > NUTS!
>
> > See how easy that was Roy?
>
> About as useful a conclusion as concluding that all
> Winvocates are useless bloody raving loonies.
>
> Of course, it's obvious that *some* Winvocates *are* in
> fact useless bloody raving loonies.  These are the ones
> who can't figure out vi (at least, the rudiments thereof,
> anyway; vi does have quite a bit of functionality), who
> haven't a clue as to how or where to type in the command
> 'ls -l', and who can't read a small C program to save
> themselves; they just relax, push the buttons, and hope
> that the blinkylights don't blink too fast.
>
> (Be careful.  The blinkylights might bite.)

Many people here can't read a small C program, Linux or Windows users.
I don't know how that makes anyone a useless loonie.

I like the point of your post though. "Windows users are idiots who
can't use the command line, vi, or program in C. But to be fair some
Linux users are unique, like 7 and his weird sense of humor, chrisv is
pity, and Roy posts alot." Yep, very even handed, and completely true.
All Windows users are morons, and Linux users at worst have weird
personalities.