Re: [Rival] Straw Poll - Corporate Vista Upgrades

____/ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 07 December 2007 17:15 : \____

> Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>>> Sorry, my entire corporation has converted to 100% Linux.  No
>>> Vista plans here.
>>>
>>> Thad
>>>

>> :-;
>
> Yup, all of the employees (both of us) are using Ubuntu on our
> workstations.  ;)
>
> Thad

Well, larger companies like FON did the same thing.

FON is Dropping Microsoft, Adopting Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| As of today Fon will disengage from Microsoft and adopt Linux in the
| Ubuntu form as our operating system of choice.
`----

http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/fon/fon-is-dropping-microsoft-adopting-ubuntu.html

Adios Microsoft!

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu imported most of my pictures, music, and documents from Windows.
| There were some oddly named folders it missed. This was not problem as
| I was able to easily retrieve them when the setup was complete. I
| haven't reinstalled everything I normally use but all the major
| applications "just worked" after upgrading. I know this sounds
| like an advertisement for Ubuntu, I guess it is. I'll continue
| using it and report back on my progress.
`----

http://blog.fon.com/en/archive/technology/adios-microsoft.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Quote when replying in non-real-time dialogues"