Re: [News] Novell Brings the {Microsoft Web}^TM to GNU/Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 07 December 2007 13:39 : \____

> birre <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2007-12-05 23:55, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Novell to release Silverlight clone for Linux
>>
>> Novell don't understand what they have :-/
>>
>> Now they give Microsoft the trigger button where all media
>> at any time can be DRM only, locking us out from Internet,
>> instead of only using open formats until Internet is liberated
>> from Microsofts proprietary evil junk.
>>
>> /bb
>
> I think Novell understand very well what they have...

Yesterday (and no, I didn't post this to c.o.l.a.):

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1020

    As part of Novell’s arrangement with Microsoft, Microsoft also is providing
financial incentives to Novell to get Silverlight on Linux, de Icaza added.

    “Microsoft agreed to pay all the licensing and patent fees for
redistributing the (Silverlight) codecs,” de Icaza said. “We don’t have the
Microsoft codecs for Silverlight now. So we can not yet do streaming. … But
it’s coming.”

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  INQredible Hacktivism
         run-level 2  2007-12-04 17:40                   last=