[News] Free Software Company Does "Exceptionally well", Another One Grows

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Company Does "Exceptionally well", Another One Grows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:49:56 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Digium and the open-source telephony revolution (Hint: It's well under way)

,----[ Quote ]
| I was fortunate to spend some time on the phone with Mark Spencer, founder of
| Digium and the Asterisk project, and he set me straight on how Digium is
| doing (Teaser: Exceptionally well), and what it's like to seed a market for
| one's competition...
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9829505-7.html

Ingres ramps up local operations to meet demand

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source database company, Ingres Corporation, has announced four new
| appointments to its local team increasing its headcount to 32 staff spread
| across offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Auckland.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=495684028&rid=-50

Communities Are Driving Companies

,----[ Quote ]
| He also gave a great example of how communities/constitutes/users will
| crucify you if you don't work with them and/or address their needs. This
| video is a commentary on Sony Playstation 3 called "How to Kill a Brand"
| which outlines the folly of their PS3 release (viewed over 2 million times).
| It makes me wonder what would be make a good open source viral video...
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/archives/071205-104747.html

Related:

Open-source software gamble for Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Can something you give away for free turn into a gold mine? That's the
| multimillion-dollar question Google Inc. is betting on with its push into
| open-source software.
`----

http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=308cccac-dbe3-46ad-bc9e-a06a1130a510&k=51155

How to use open source as a power marketing tool

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://management.itmanagersjournal.com/management/04/06/24/2057239.shtml