[News] Apple's KHTML 'Ripoff' Finally Opens Up, KDE Reports from Education Meeting

  • Subject: [News] Apple's KHTML 'Ripoff' Finally Opens Up, KDE Reports from Education Meeting
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 01:14:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Apple makes WebKit more open to outside contributors

,----[ Quote ]
| This new policy will make it possible for members of the KDE community and
| other developers outside of Apple to have full commit access to the WebKit
| source code version control system.
|
| WebKit is an open source HTML rendering engine developed by Apple and
| originally based on the source code of KDE's KHTML rendering engine.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/05/apple-makes-webkit-more-open-to-kde-community-contributors

First KDE Education Meeting a Great Success

,----[ Quote ]
| Last weekend the members of the KDE-Edu team met in Paris for a meeting about
| the Education project. The meeting took place at the Mandriva office, where
| the members got to know each other and started vivid discussions about their
| applications, life in general, as well as the future and vision of the Edu
| module. Read on for the report.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1196894336/

Recent:

Preliminary KDE-EDU screenshots^WPhotos

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE-EDU meeting has started on Mandriva offices at Paris, some quick photos
| for the impatient.
`----

http://tsdgeos.blogspot.com/2007/12/preliminary-kde-edu-screenshotswphotos.html

Related:

Browser Wars - Reloaded

,----[ Quote ]
| The dispute over WebKit and KHTML reached a new peak today. With Harri Porten
| yesterday a KHTML supporter already pubslished his position on the subject
| and today Zack Rusin, a WebKit supporter, answered.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/10/24/browser-wars-reloaded/

Webkit vs. Mozilla: Should Firefox jump on the Webkit bandwagon?

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Mozilla folks start making plans to plan for the Mozilla 2 codebase,
| Matt Gertner over at the AllPeers blog has a radical suggestion: Dump the
| Gecko rendering engine and embrace WebKit.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/4144

Ten Ways to Make More Humane Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://humanized.com/weblog/2007/10/05/make_oss_humane/