[News] Trouble at Novell

Novell delays results amid SEC inquiry

,----[ Quote ]
| Shares of Novell Inc. fell Wednesday after the software maker postponed
| fourth-quarter results amid a federal inquiry into its accounting practices.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/novell-delays-results-amid-sec/story.aspx?guid=%7B611AD5A8-6FB6-4C79-9152-19528DCAFC7B%7D
http://tinyurl.com/34ch3e

Novell postpones today's earnings release

,----[ Quote ]
| While presenting the move as merely "an abundance of caution," Novell
| announced this morning that it is postponing its fourth-quarter earnings
| release and conference call that had been scheduled for today.
|
| It seems that Novell and federal regulators have been going back and forth
| for four months now over some unspecified issues.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/22677

They foolishly looked for love in Microsoft.

>From September:

Novell massages the numbers

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1380

Novell uses Microsoft FUD to market itself

,----[ Quote ]
| That these claims also could be taken to mean that Novell is developing a
| non-standard Linux, one that is skewed only towards working with Windows,
| appears to have escaped Novell.
|
| In other words, Novell has an "in" with Microsoft which Red Hat does not;
| Utah and Redmond are in bed together and Red Hat is an intruder.

Speaking of Linux and the spirit of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell doesn't need to urinate in the pool from which it hopes to build its
| future, but that is precisely what it is doing. It can and should do better.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9788233-16.html

Miguel, Mono and Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]