[News] New Interview with Eben Moglen Touches on Microsoft

  • Subject: [News] New Interview with Eben Moglen Touches on Microsoft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:18:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Q&A: Open-source backer Eben Moglen says software a 'renewable' resource

,----[ Quote ]
| What about Microsoft and its occasional patent threats to Linux? My job has
| been preparing for those activities for more years than Microsoft has been
| preparing. I have been thinking about how their patent portfolio might be
| used against the free world since long before the bulk of the free world was
| my client. I have spent more time studying that problem than Microsoft has
| spent creating that problem. It doesn't keep me awake at nights but it keeps
| me at work during the day. If in the process of irreversible change,
| Microsoft launches its missiles, which other dying empires like the Soviet
| Union, have managed not to do, but if as a dying empire Microsoft launches
| its missiles, we will protect our clients. If they die without launching
| their missiles, it will be better for everyone.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyId=17&articleId=9050379&intsrc=hm_topic

Related:

Interview: Open-source advocate Eben Moglen

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39287036,00.htm?r=4