[News] Linux to Win as Windows Vista Becomes More Expensive Than PCs

  • Subject: [News] Linux to Win as Windows Vista Becomes More Expensive Than PCs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:22:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[...and it's worse than any other O/S]

Linux Blog Safari: Asus's eeePC and the GPL, Linux in 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| "2008 is seeing the birth of laptop computers below $300: XO, Asus EEE, and I
| guess some new will appear soon," wrote eulernet on a Slashdot thread on the
| topic. "Vista alone is almost more expensive than the hardware! Microsoft was
| a good alternative when computers did cost $1500, but now the price is just
| too heavy. They really can't win when the hardware is cheap."

Asustek Aims 20% of the PC Market in 2010 with Eee PC.
Traditional PCs Are Too Powerful, Eee PC – Going Back to Basics, Says Asustek

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display/20071120163919_Asustek_Aims_20_of_the_PC_Market_in_2010_with_Eee_PC.html