[News] Google's Mobile Linux O/S Gets Good Reviews and Claimed Far More Secure Than iPhone

  • Subject: [News] Google's Mobile Linux O/S Gets Good Reviews and Claimed Far More Secure Than iPhone
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 08:06:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google Android gets positive early reviews

,----[ Quote ]
| While Google's Android announcement generated a lot of hype, developers had
| to wait a week to see whether the company had actually developed a good
| platform.
`----

http://www.techworld.com/mobility/features/index.cfm?featureid=3845&pagtype=samechan

Google's Android vs. Apple's iPhone: Which is More Secure?

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict Google’s Android mobile phone
| platform is going to prove itself to be more secure than Apple’s iPhone in
| the long run. Let’s take a closer look.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3714096

Related:

How secure are Linux, Window and Mac OS? [Linux is most secure]

http://www.masuran.org/node/29

iPhone Security Hellhole?

,----[ Quote ]
| First, the iPhone root password was broken. OK, it happens. But now it seems
| that all applications run on the iPhone as root. Can you say biggest security
| blunder of the 21st century to date?

Apple iPhone issue highlights security debate

,----[ Quote ]
| Most early iPhone adopters have bought into the Apple mythology which
| convinces them that anything blessed by Steve Jobs is automatically
| desirable, so we won't see a mass return of the shiny devices with their
| slick interface.

IPhone Flaw Lets Hackers Take Over, Security Firm Says

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/23/technology/23iphone.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1185163364-1OTsRJvbylLamj17FY2wnw&oref=slogin