[News] New PCLinuxOS Derivative for Former Windows Users

  • Subject: [News] New PCLinuxOS Derivative for Former Windows Users
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 01:45:40 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ultumix

,----[ Quote ]
| For Windows Users By Previous Windows Users. Ultumix is Based on PCLinuxOS
`----

http://www.mindblowingidea.com/Ultumix

Related:

PCLinux - PCLinuxOS 2007 review

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinux - PCLinuxOS 2007 features - Verdict
|
| A polished, accessible and tight Linux distribution that shows continued
| signs of improvement. It's not bleeding edge, but it is very good.
`----

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/software/s535.htm

PclinuxOS, radically simple: Plug ‘n Play

,----[ Quote ]
| The article I am writing is about PCLinuxOS, but probably is not very
| different for other Linux distributions. A few weeks ago I installed
| PCLinuxOS for the first time and was impressed by the ease of stabilizing my
| internet connection and the speed of installation. Since that first day
| PCLinuxOS managed to surprise me several other times.
`----

http://mckooiker.byethost5.com/blog/?p=49

My PCLinuxOS “WOW” moment

,----[ Quote ]
| Conclusions: In the end I must admit that there are several advantages for
| users that plan to change from Windows to Linux, like the ease of
| installation of restricted drivers and codecs.
`----

http://mckooiker.byethost5.com/blog/?p=46

Another Day Another Distro – Part 4 – PCLinuxOS 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| So after my positive experience of Mandriva 2008 it was time to reluctantly
| pack my bags and move on. My destination this time was PCLinuxOS 2007 which
| is not a distribution I'd tried before.
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2007/10/another-day-another-distro-part-4.html

PCLinuxOS: Linux Distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| One notable difference from Mandriva is the program used to install
| extra software. We found this much easier to use and includes useful
| software such as graphics drivers.
|
| Unlike some other distributions, PCLinuxOS can play back
| proprietary multimedia files (including wma, mp3, mpg, rm,
| mov) without having to install extra software. DVD playback
| software is not included but can be installed with the
| standard installation tool.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2191819/pclinuxos-linux-distribution

Review: PcLinuxOS 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| While PcLinuxOS does still have a bit of growing to do, out of all the
| linux distributions out there, I'd easily rate this one as the best in
| every way because of all that it does, how easy it is to use, how ready
| it is to use out of the box, and most especially in the area of
| appeasing both camps, the new user and the experienced user.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=249

PClinuxOS 2007.0 Review

,----[ Quote ]
| I am a Kubuntu user since version 6.06. However, that hasn't made
| me blindly consider (k)ubuntu to be the best linux distro; I am
| always open to newcomers. In recent days, PClinuxOS 2007.0 was
| released, and quickly hit the top of of the distrowatch charts.
| I decided to download it and give this relatively new distribution
| a text run on my Acer Aspire 5050 laptop, nicknamed the geebee.
`----

http://nosrednaekim.wordpress.com/2007/05/30/pclinuxos-20070-review/

PCLinuxOS Magazine October 2007 Released

,----[ Quote]
| As we always do, the HTML version is simultaneously being published for low
| bandwidth users.  The HTML Site is W3C standards compliant for easy browsing.
|
| Some highlights include:
|
|    1. Tips for a Cooler Laptop
|    2. KDE User Guide, Part 9
|    3. The Hardware Database Needs You
|    4. Keyboard Shortcuts
|    5. How to repair a broken xorg.conf
|    6. And more...
`----

http://www.pclosmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=65&Itemid=28

PCLinuxOS - the new Number One distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS As many of you noticed, PCLinuxOS has overtaken Ubuntu in our Page
| Hit Ranking statistics and is currently occupying the top spot on the default
| 6-month view for the first time.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070917#editorial

Heavenly Hardware Support