Re: [News] Nintendo Has Free Open Source Operating System, iPhone Unlock Might Go Open Source

____/ Ben Miller-Jacobson on Monday 03 December 2007 00:22 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Related and very recent (and exciting!):
>>
>> Linux 3D graphics access on PS3 found
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A method has been found to reach Linux 3D Graphics on the PS3. A number of
>> | hackers have clubbed together to release a draft kernel module for this
>> | along with a relevant Xorg driver.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=23190
>
> I had been considering buying a PS3 as my next PC for a while now, but
> the lack of GPU access was all that stopped me. This settles it: once
> they have this working well enough, I am buying one. You _can't_ get a
> desktop with specs as good as a PS3's, especially for the price. The
> processor in one of those things is just ridiculous! I can't remember
> how much memory they have, though.

You forget the Blu-ray drive! :-) How much is /that/ worth?

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Open minds, open source
Mem:    515500k total,   460288k used,    55212k free,      772k buffers