[News] KDE 4.0 Just a Month Away, KDE-EDU Discussions

  • Subject: [News] KDE 4.0 Just a Month Away, KDE-EDU Discussions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:53:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Preliminary KDE-EDU screenshots^WPhotos

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE-EDU meeting has started on Mandriva offices at Paris, some quick photos
| for the impatient.
`----

http://tsdgeos.blogspot.com/2007/12/preliminary-kde-edu-screenshotswphotos.html

KDE 4.0 is coming next month.

Related and recent:

KDE Commit Digest

,----[ Quote ]
| Shawn Starr gives a multimedia overview of the progress of the Plasma Weather
| data engine and the beginning implementation of the Weather Plasmoid...
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-11-25/

Related:

KDE 4 Is Almost Ready to Go

,----[ Quote ]
| With this release candidate, the majority of KDE 4's components are almost
| ready for prime time. At the same time, with the final bits of Plasma , the
| brand-new desktop shell and panel in KDE 4, falling into place, Release
| Candidate 1 is the first preview of KDE 4.0 that is suitable for general use.
`----

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_zdext/is_200711/ai_n21110952

Unveiling the winners of the Oxygen contest for wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| With the announcement of the Oxygen Wallpaper Contest in August, we, the
| Oxygen Team, intended to have the KDE community give the brand new KDE 4
| desktop its face - and the response was overwhelming! Artists and KDE
| enthusiasts submitted around 2000 high quality pictures, most of them being
| fantastic wallpapers.
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=23

[KDE:] Ladies and Gentlemans, we have a default wallpaper!

,----[ Quote ]
| After a week of pondering and discussing we’ve finally chosen which will be
| the default wallpaper!
`----

http://blog.ruphy.org/?p=25

Ready for a new K: an inside look at KDE 4.0

,----[ Quote ]
| When I see how fast new contributors get productive,
| fixing bugs and asking questions on mailing lists - I know it’s working.
| It makes me feel stupid.
`----

http://rackit.gartnerwebdev.com/2007/08/28/ready-for-a-new-k-an-inside-look-at-kde-40/

Conference aims KDE at educational institutions

,----[ Quote ]
| All people interested in Free Educational Software are invited to
| come, including developers, administrators, teachers, parents,
| community groups, and associations, a KDE spokesperson said.

KDE 4: the ultimate business desktop?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since beginning as a one-person project over ten years ago, the
| fourth generation of the K Desktop Environment (KDE) is poised to
| be the most business-friendly open source desktop to date with a
| host of new features ideal for enterprises.
|
| [...]
|
| Rodda is also bullish about KDE 4's ability to attract more commercial ISVs
| to port applications to the environment, primarily because of the
| multi-platform capability that comes with using Qt 4.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;855780098;pp;3;taxid;7

Sirius Teams Up with KDE

,----[ Quote ]