[News] Review of Stratus' Red Hat-based Server,

  • Subject: [News] Review of Stratus' Red Hat-based Server,
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:36:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Review: Stratus' fault-tolerant, Red Hat-based server

| Now Stratus has introduced the ftServer 4400, running RHEL (Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux) Advanced Server 4.5 x86_64, which is about as standard as
| it gets. This is very good news for anyone who doesn't do Windows and is
| looking to deploy a completely redundant server. Yes, I do mean completely
| redundant.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyId=154&articleId=9053601&intsrc=hm_topic
http://tinyurl.com/2q94gk

And the tension that wasn't:

Red Hat, JBoss committers, and the IBM question

,----[ Quote ]
| I continue to believe that the Red Hat/JBoss turmoil is more about Red Hat
| learning to listen and JBoss learning that it needs to move beyond being
| the "bad boy" of open source and application servers. Red Hat, whatever its
| faults, is excellent at execution. I suspect there's a fair amount of
| grousing within the JBoss ranks because Red Hat's culture is a bit more staid
| (read: much more) than JBoss'.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9835646-16.html?tag=rsspr.6223510&part=rss&subj=news

Related: