[News] NetBSD 4 Released; Another Copyleft Licence Just Created

  • Subject: [News] NetBSD 4 Released; Another Copyleft Licence Just Created
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:05:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
NetBSD 4. with Xen 3 support

,----[ Quote ]
| The NetBSD project has released version 4.0 of the open source BSD UNIX. The
| developers say that support for the Xen 3 virtualization solution has been
| added, as has support for Bluetooth, the UDF file system, WPA encryption, and
| the iSCSI protocol. In addition, a number of new drivers and support for
| additional embedded processor platforms have been added.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/100852/from/rss09

Creative Commons and Talis launch new data licence for the community

,----[ Quote ]
| The build-up to this has been close to our hearts and principles here at
| Talis.  This announcement, and the move of the licence to a home at the Open
| Knowledge Foundation, should stimulate the opening up of  data in the same
| way that the original Creative Commons licenses opened up the use of creative
| works.
`----

http://blogs.talis.com/panlibus/archives/2007/12/creative_common_1.php

Related:

NetBSD Live! 2007 Screenshot Walkthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| Booting is done using an adapted version of the GRUB boot loader.
| The CD contains the following software packages in addition to the
| base operating system files: XFree86, KDE 3.5.4 with multiple
| language sets...
`----

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/?q=node/35

NetBSD: An Alternative to Linux