Re: [News] Novell/Microsoft Launch lovefest Site, Runs IIS, Already Down

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 19 December 2007 10:36 : \____

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13846_1-9835534-62.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NegativeApproach

>> It's IIS indeed (because Novell is the enslaved party among the two).
>> There's also the GNOME thing again (Bruce defends Waugh).
>>
>> GNOME, OOXML, and Half-Truths Colliding in the Night
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Can anything except the lapse of time end this debate? Not easily. But a
>>| starting point might be a recognition on both sides that, in the absence of
>>| solid evidence, the other is more misguided than evil or paranoid. Those
>>| denouncing the GNOME Foundation need to resist the temptation to diagram
>>| conspiracy theories, while the GNOME Foundation needs to act in a more open
>>| and responsive manner, instead of like a corporate board of directors
>>| putting down a stockholder's revolt.
>> `----
>>
>> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/entdev/article.php/3717321
>>
>> More one-sided reporting.
>>

> The term "conspiracy" is often used to discredit cause-effect analysis
> and occam's razor analysis.  But, the facts will out, indeed, Novell's
> financial results continue to decline, Microsoft's funding for Novell is
> becoming an increasingly large part of Novell's revenue, and de Icaza is
> on record as a staunch supporter of all manner of Microsoft proprietary
> formats and systems, including favouring OOXML over ODF, C# and .net over
> Java and JVMs and has quite clearly been pushing .net into Linux-land,
> under the banner of the Gnome project and elsewhere.
>
> I've no idea about conspiracies, to be honest, however, I do not believe
> in repeated coincidences.  There is always a reason.  We do not have to
> look very hard for the reasons here.

Yes, as I state time after time when collecting evidence, "there are just too
many coincidences." Jeff Waugh continues attacking me (even this morning).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 11:20:01 up 9 days, 8 min,  4 users,  load average: 2.47, 2.33, 2.38