Re: The One Laptop Per Child XO is an "Incredible Device"

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Linonut
<linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 18 Dec 2007 19:36:13 -0500
<EDZ9j.24742$vt2.24349@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> * Jerry McBride fired off this tart reply:
>
>> amicus_curious wrote:
>>
>>> Well, happy pulling then, and watch out for the RIAA if you are eagerly
>>> sharing.  Don't admit to anything.
>>
>> Sage advise from a known windows user...
>
> As in "Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme"?
>
> Ooops.  I suppose they'll be after me for royalties for quoting those
> lyrics.

Best I can do is CBS Studios, recorded December 1965,
according to Wikipedia.  Columbia Legacy re-released
it 2001-08-21, adding four new songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounds_of_Silence_%28album%29

Of course there is the question as to whether they would
be the first ones to send someone a "copyright infringement
notice", or whether they'd pass that issue on to the
Recording Industry Association of America, which represents
the recording industry as a trade group.

Columbia is indeed listed as one of their members.

http://www.riaa.com/aboutus.php?content_selector=aboutus_members

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Shakespeare:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2240

:-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because it's not the desktop that's
important, it's the ability to DO something
with it.