[News] Damn Small Linux 4.2 Released, Ubuntu Server 8.04 is Coming, OpenSUSE 10.3 Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Damn Small Linux 4.2 Released, Ubuntu Server 8.04 is Coming, OpenSUSE 10.3 Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:43:52 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Damn Small Linux - Change log for v4.2

http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=19536

Ubuntu Releases Alpha Version of Server 8.04

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release from the growingly popular Ubuntu Linux is now
| available.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/12/18/ubuntu-releases-alpha-version-of-server-804/

Review: Opensuse 10.3 Linux distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| On the plus side, you can save a lot of money by making that move and if you
| want to give it a try, the Opensuse distro is easy to install and use, well
| supported and a good introduction to the open source platform. Should you get
| the Linux bug, it makes it easy to switch to the fully supported Novell
| product too.
`----

http://www.pcw.co.uk/personal-computer-world/software/2205973/review-opensuse

Related:

DSL 4.0: Damn small improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| Damn Small Linux is tiny Linux distribution that John Andrews originally
| created in 2002 to see just how many applications could fit into a 50MB
| system. The project has grown over the years to include many other
| contributors working on hundreds of packages and applications. Last month's
| release of DSL 4.0 brought many updates and changes, yet it remains a
| special-purpose distribution for older hardware because it lacks support for
| many modern features.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/120923

Damn Small Linux: operating system

,----[ Quote ]
| As the demands of all operating systems increase, Damn Small Linux
| (DSL) is a refreshing change and worth considering by anyone
| with an old computer.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2169925/damn-small-

Damn Small Linux to offer FREE market place for merchants

,----[ Quote ]
| In an attempt to passively earn funding for the Damn Small Linux project,
| the developers of DSL are offering free storefronts to merchants.
| Having a store front on damnsmalllinux.org is an opportunity for
| retailers to increase visibility and sales without risk.
`----

http://presszoom.com/story_121593.html

openSUSE 11 Alpha 0 review

| This is a development version, so we should suppose that all the bugs I
| encountered here are going to be removed in the final version. The system
| itself, and most of the applications that are working are already quite
| stable. Considering this, openSUSE 11 is going to be a pretty good
| distribution. It has a big user base, recent versions for packages, some
| support from Novell, all the components are good integrated, there are nice
| GUIs for the most common settings, it is supposed to have good
| interoperability with Microsoft software.
`----

http://distroblog.com/opensuse-11-alpha-0-review/

Announcing openSUSE 11.0 Alpha0

,----[ Quote ]