Re: [News] Microsoft's Deal with Novell Affected Novell's Results?

> [This comes from Maureen O'Gara who is extremely unreliable, but nonetheless:]
>
> Novell is Back Losing Money When This Time Last Year It Made Money
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Novell hinted the SEC's concerns might have had something to do with Novell's
>| admittedly complicated arrangement with Microsoft, which at the end of year
>| one was said to have realized $122 million, 51% of their bogie.
> `----
>
> http://www.sys-con.com/read/475944_p.htm
>
> What a surprise. Not.

This was clearly on the way.  I posted Novell's results some time ago
here for the last couple of years, and it's clear that they've been
heading into trouble for quite some time.  It's a great shame that they
bought SuSE, as the long-term damage to SuSE could be terminal.

The lesson for all the CEO types is that purchasing a successful and
growing Open Source distribution of some kind will not rescue your
company from its proprietary roots, nor will it make it profitable if
your business model is broken.