[News] 2 Microsoft Mouthpieces: Accidentally Admitting Linux is Better at Appliances

  • Subject: [News] 2 Microsoft Mouthpieces: Accidentally Admitting Linux is Better at Appliances
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:54:05 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Yankee Group Says Linux Outperforms Windows in Virtual Environments

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source (primarily Linux) beats proprietary (Windows) in a virtual
| environment.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/15531/yankee-goup-says-linux-outperforms-windows-virtual-environments

Ouch. It was somewhere in the text. Yankee Group is considered a Microsoft
lapdog with a long history at that. Another Microsoft shill is Barron’s (see
recent references below).

Barron’s Red Hat Coverage Is All Wrong

,----[ Quote ]
| The VAR Guy opened today’s edition of Barron’s and shook his head in
| disagreement. The financial paper says Red Hat’s revenue will erode amid
| fierce competition from Oracle and the new Microsoft-Novell partnership.
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2006/11/05/barrons-red-hat-coverage-is-all-wrong/

Related:

Barron's Battle Goes Another Round

,----[ Quote ]
| The contretemps between The Business Press Maven and Barron's turned a bit
| ugly in recent days, even degenerating into a Barron's reporter putting a hex
| on Alex Rodriguez as I headed toward what I hoped to be his 500th home run.
| The hex, I'm sorry to report, worked.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/maven/10373760.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp&cm_cat=FREE&amp&cm_ite=NA

Stop the Barron's Microsoft Series

,----[ Quote ]
|  That particular story about how Microsoft was still a growth stock was dated
|  July 26, 2004. Between then and now, it bears mentioning, Microsoft's stock
|  price has been stuck in the mud, barely budging in a market that has flown
|  to the heavens.
|
| But a horrid call, even made twice, is forgivable. What got me was that
| somewhere else in my steel trap of a mind was the memory of yet a third big
| bullish profile in Barron's by Savitz about how Microsoft was, uh -- hey,
| you're really catching on here -- still a growth stock! That was
| titled "Pointing Up," from a bit over a year ago, April 3, 2006.
|
| The Business Press Maven has a couple of concerns here. These articles appear
| written from the same template, without enough new information to merit such
| repetition, especially this latest one.
|
| Stop the presses! A company stated publicly that it was still relevant! It is
| overkill, boosterism. Microsoft has a public relations department that takes
| care of that; it does not need outside help.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/maven/10371602.html

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf

Laura [DiDio] and Me

,----[ Quote ]
| Ah yes, the rules of corporate behavior. And how we all admire them.
| Obviously, the journalist doesn't realize that Shuttleworth was talking about
| free as in speech, not free as in beer. In fact, he used the word freedom,
| not free. But it whizzed right over her head. That is so basic, I will opine,
| with my feet up on the desk, that she hasn't a clue what FOSS is about and
| did not a minute's research on what freedom means in this quotation.

Laura Didio

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Didio