[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Backlash -- New Heights? (Hall of Shame Digest)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Backlash -- New Heights? (Hall of Shame Digest)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 07:43:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
New:

Vista Sucks, Let my people downgrade!

http://www.windows-vista-sucks.com/

Vista Garbage

,----[ Quote ]
| I was at this place were they handled bank transactions over the internet,
| and when I walked the corridors I found this sticker on a garbage can.. [Yes,
| it's Vista]
`----

http://wwww.whenaliensrule.com/?p=109

Not the smartest advertising choice!

http://www.tobeageek.com/37/not-the-smartest-advertising-choice/

The Vista Black Screen After Login Mystery...Solved!

,----[ Quote ]
| I have struggled for some time with a problem that I know has plagues other
| Windows Vista users too - after logging in, instead of going to the usual
| desktop, Vista would bring you to a black screen with Windows Explorer as the
| only thing visible.
`----

http://exploringourmatrix.blogspot.com/2007/12/vista-black-screen-after-login.html

How reassuring. Microsoft's idea of "polish".

Related:

Vista Irritations

,----[ Quote ]
| According to this Slashdot article, copying, moving and deleting
| files is slower under Vista. At least now I know why extracting a
| compressed file under Vista is like watching paint dry/grass grow
| (I've only tried using Winzip 11).
|
| [...]
|
| Now we name our directory and it?s done right? Not quite, because
| after typing your directory name and pressing enter, it's time
| for yet more prompts...
`----

http://harrisben.wordpress.com/2007/03/29/vista-irritations/

Vista: Slow and Dangerous

,----[ Quote ]
| Most of the time I spent testing Vista was with sluggish pre-release
| versions. I expected things to improve when I ran the finished software
| on PCs configured for the new Windows version. I now realize that
| Vista really is slow unless you throw a lot of hardware at it.
| Microsoft claims it will run with 512 megabytes of memory. I had
| recommended a minimum of a gigabyte, but 2 GB is more like it if
| you want snappy performance.
|
| [...]
|
| The most exasperating thing about Vista, though, is the security
| feature called User Account Control. UAC, satirized in an Apple
| ad as a security guy who constantly interrupts a conversation,
| appears as a pop-up asking permission before Windows...
`----

http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/BusinessWeek/2007/03/26/3124001

Analyst slams Vista's 'backward' UI

,----[ Quote ]