Re: Linux-ready PS3 Becomes a Big Hit and Sells Over 10 Million Units

Jerry McBride wrote:

> cc wrote:
>
>> On Dec 15, 8:40 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>> Sony says global sales of PS3 to top 11 million
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071215/bs_afp/japangamecompanysony
>>
>> Starting to get software games *now* is the reason they were so far
>> behind to begin with.
>>

>> PS3 is less of a linux story than microsoft Roy.
>
> That's a really stupid comparison... Microsoft windows will never run
> linux software or PS3 games. However... the PS3 does and always did. A
> very good Linux success story.

Of course and tools like cc don't under appreciate the massive clout behind
the numbers.

Thats around a million Linux games units per month that Sony alone is
selling. And all these devices and numbers are set to increase
over the coming months.