[News] Wine 0.9.51 Released; DSL 4.1 Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] Wine 0.9.51 Released; DSL 4.1 Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:07:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
This is release 0.9.51 of Wine, a free implementation of Windows on Unix.

,----[ Quote ]
| What's new in this release:
|   - A bunch of WinHelp improvements.
|   - Better Japanese font support.
|   - A ton of rpcrt4 fixes.
|   - Several Alsa capture fixes.
|   - Improved support for screen resolution changes.
|   - Lots of bug fixes.
`----

http://winehq.org/?announce=0.9.51

Damn Small Linux 4.1

,----[  ]
| DSL is usually my first choice for old computers, since it has a very small
| footprint and offers most of the tasks everyday users need out of the box
| (minus multimedia). It will continue to be my choice for this.
|
| However, because of its very nature it's not going to be on my desktop any
| time soon. With internet, it's a small, quick Debian base to start with.
| Without, it's only really useful to me for administrative tasks performed
| from a LiveCD.
`----

http://www.techiemoe.com/tech/damnsmall41.htm

Related:

Damn Small Linux is Now Version 4.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Damn Small Linux, also known as DSL, is now version 4.1, bringing you a lot
| of updates and fixes to the older version. DSL has an almost complete desktop
| and a lot of console tools, so you will do nearly every task you will have.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Damn-Small-Linux-is-Now-Version-4-1-72660.shtml

DSL 4.0: Damn small improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| Damn Small Linux is tiny Linux distribution that John Andrews originally
| created in 2002 to see just how many applications could fit into a 50MB
| system. The project has grown over the years to include many other
| contributors working on hundreds of packages and applications. Last month's
| release of DSL 4.0 brought many updates and changes, yet it remains a
| special-purpose distribution for older hardware because it lacks support for
| many modern features.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/120923

Damn Small Linux: operating system

,----[ Quote ]
| As the demands of all operating systems increase, Damn Small Linux
| (DSL) is a refreshing change and worth considering by anyone
| with an old computer.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/computeractive/downloads/2169925/damn-small-

Damn Small Linux to offer FREE market place for merchants

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://presszoom.com/story_121593.html