[News] [Rival] Internet Explorer 7 is Not Compatible with Windows Vista

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Internet Explorer 7 is Not Compatible with Windows Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:55:39 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Releases Update to Make IE7 ‘Vista Compatible’

,----[ Quote ]
| Did you notice that last one? Internet Explorer 7, included as part of the
| base Windows Vista installation, was apparently not fully Vista compatible.
| Instead of fixing IE7, this update presumably creates a shim to tweak Vista
| so it can work properly with IE7.
`----

http://itsvista.com/2007/12/microsoft-releases-update-to-make-ie7-vista-compatible/

Microsoft makes its products incompatible with its own. In the case of Office
it's deliberate because it means money (forced upgrades, at the expense of the
customer's data preservation).

Related:

Vista-Windows Mobile 6.0 file-sync fix due in mid-June

,----[ Quote ]
| Even though Windows Vista has been out since January (or November,
| if you're a business customer), there are still products and applications
| -- including some from Microsoft itself -- that don't work with Vista.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=480

Windows Help files not supported in Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| For all the effort they put into building operating systems
| that are backwards-compatible, they then go and choose not to
| include support for Help files that are built to use the
| old WinHlp32.exe program.
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/02/27/windows-help-files-not-supported-in-vista/

Vista and iTunes Don't Play Nice Together

,----[ Quote ]
| Various folks are reporting that you cannot authorize iTunes
| (for WIndows) on Vista to play things purchased from the iTunes Store.
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/02/01/vista-and-itunes-dont-play-nice-together/

Windows Vista Compatibility Problems

,----[ Quote ]
| What the Microsoft CEO didn't mention is that products from Adobe
| Systems, IBM, Symantec, and a number of other high-profile developers
| didn't make the list of Vista-friendly applications that Microsoft says
| are either fully certified for Windows Vista or will at least run
| relatively trouble-free on the new OS.
`----

http://www.geekstuffs.com/2007/05/03/windows-vista-compatibility-problems/

Lack of Internal Talks at Microsoft, Google

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe my "Microsoft's Entertainment Domination" theory was a bit
| premature. Apparently, the Zune MP3 player isn't flying off shelves
| and now it turns out that the Zune is incompatible with Microsoft'
| latest Windows Vista operating system. Amazing how a disconnect like
| this can occur within an organization. Software start-ups are taking
| advantage of the lowered development costs and the speedy development
| time -- and forcing large software organizations to speed up their
| own development cycles, but in the process, the large organizations
| are fumbling to communicate effectively amongst their departments.
`----

http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/11/15/lack-of-internal-talks-at-microsoft-google/

Error Message Of The Day: "Zune Failed"

,----[ Quote ]
| This is what you get if you plug the Zune 2 directly into a Vista PC.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/11/error-message-o.html

MSN Music UK does not play on Vista

,----[ Quote ]