Re: [News] [Rival] Another Antitrust Lawsuit in Europe Against Microsoft

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 13 December 2007 16:24 : \____

http://www.computerworlduk.com/management/government-law/legislation/news/index.cfm?newsid=6663

> An opportunity for the EU government to support EU businesses in taking
> on the illegal practices of a foreign company... I wonder if it will be
> taken up?

Microsoft will lobby, and bribe, and manipulate. How dare I say so? This is
just a case of looking at prior incidents. Hopefully those involved will have
spine. Microsoft is also known for its secret smear campaigns against those
that put it at risk. This has -- on several occasions in the past -- also
involved Microsoft having people lose their job for not supporting Microsoft.

This one won't be an easy win for Opera. They face a company that not only
think it's the saviour of the world and therefore above the law, but also a
company that uses death analogies to describe its plans for other companies.

,----[ Quote ]
| From: jimall Mon Sep 9 11:09:33 1991
| To: billg steveb
| Cc: bradsi; jonl; mikemur; paulma
| Subject winball
| Date: Mon Sep 09 11:08:44 PDT 1991
|

| [...]
|
| We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger.
`----        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/0000/PX00948.pdf

MS exec's hunting trip: illegally chased and shot 4 antelopes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2000/07/04/ms_execs_hunting_trip_illegally/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/03/19/microsoft_killed_dell_linux_states/

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/010807/PLEX_1031.pdf

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/5000/PX05099.pdf

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has warned Google to steer clear of corporate search,
| declaring that the market is "our house"....
|
| "Those people are not going to be allowed to take food off our plate,
| because that is what they are intending to do."
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2160431/microsoft-warns-google-business

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
 23:00:04 up 3 days, 11:48,  3 users,  load average: 0.57, 1.29, 1.43