Re: IBM Pressured to Open-Source OS/2

On Dec 13, 8:29 am, chrisv <chr...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mark Kent wrote:
> >It would be interesting to at least see any parts which IBM have the
> >rights to, however, I suspect that Microsoft also have rights to it...
>
> The blue-screen code?

That was one of the reasons IBM got OS/2.  If Microsoft claimed that
any of the OS/2 code was actually Windows code, it would be admitting
that this was code stolen from OS/2, since IBM was paying Microsoft's
staff to develop OS/2, not Windows.

IBM has gotten several settlements from Microsoft over the years.  I
seem to remember one being worth over $3 billion.

The lawsuits don't even make the papers anymore, because they are so
frequent, and they are so quickly settled.