[News] [Rival] Microsoft Deve^H^H^HBuys Software Called Multim~1

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Deve^H^H^HBuys Software Called Multim~1
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:35:42 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft buys online mapping company Multimap

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft said the deal gives it location and mapping technology that
| complement its existing offerings such as Virtual Earth, Windows Live Search
| and other online services. Multimap will operate as wholly owned subsidiary
| of Microsoft.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN1261794820071212?rpc=44

The rule of few giants. Who needs choice anyway?

The Impending Destruction of the U.S. Economy: Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Betting against the United States economy long term hasn't ever panned out
| well for anyone, and it certainly may continue that way for some time. While
| the sky won't be falling to the ground anytime soon, as an investor, it's
| important to be cognizant of the big-scale issues our nation is facing and
| how they can have an effect on your money. Develop a sound game plan, stay
| disciplined, and be prepared for whatever gets thrown at you down the road.
`----

http://www.fool.com/investing/dividends-income/2007/12/12/the-impending-destruction-of-the-us-economy-part-2.aspx
http://tinyurl.com/358ffv

Related:

Microsoft believes there are only two players capable of dominating the web
race

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.techwhack.com/4826/dominating-the-web-race/