[News] OpenBSD-GNU Flamewar, FSF Calls for Support

  • Subject: [News] OpenBSD-GNU Flamewar, FSF Calls for Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:14:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
That Which We Call Free

,----[ Quote ]
| GNU Project and Free Software Foundation founder Richard Stallman posted a
| message on the OpenBSD -misc mailing list titled, "real men don't attack
| straw men", suggesting that some comments he had made were being
| misrepresented.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/OpenBSD/That_Which_We_Call_Free

You can support software freedom in 2008!

,----[ Quote ]
| At the 2007 annual Associate Members meeting held in March at MIT in
| Cambridge, the FSF board and staff gathered with members from around the
| world to discuss our activities and the tremendous successes we have had
| together in the past year.
`----

https://www.fsf.org/appeal/2007/

Recent:

SELinux vs. OpenBSD's Default Security

,----[ Quote ]
| Darrin Chandler suggested, "security should not be grafted on, it should be
| integrated into the main development process. I'm sure the patch maintainers
| are doing their best, but this doesn't change the fundamental flaw in the
| process. It's not a flaw of their making, it's inherent in the situation. But
| it's still a flaw."
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/OpenBSD/SELinux_vs_OpenBSDs_Default_Security

Open Source coders caught stealing Open Source code

,----[ Quote ]