[News] KDE Goes 'in Reverse', Runs on Older PCs, Requires Less

  • Subject: [News] KDE Goes 'in Reverse', Runs on Older PCs, Requires Less
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:27:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
KDE 4 'consumes 39% less memory than its predecessor'

,----[ Quote ]
| Not mine, but one Korneliusz Jarzebski (in Polish) has done the numbers
| (pro-linux coverage in German) and produced a chart showing exactly how the
| RAM consumption of comparable KDE4 and KDE3 sessions measure up.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3138

The opposite in Vista.

Yesterday:

KDE 4: like a dream on 256Mb/1Ghz/Intel!

,----[ Quote ]
| And I was pleasantly surprised with how well it all works. With a "debugfull"
| build from SVN. With kwin_composite 3d eye candy, on Intel. With KDE 3
| libraries loaded too (for KPowerSave, since it's not ported yet). As they
| like to say here in Franconia, it's like "a'Traum".
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3137

KDE takes stand on OOXML; GNOME dithers

,----[ Quote ]