[News] More Software Extended to Support More GNU/Linux Distributions

  • Subject: [News] More Software Extended to Support More GNU/Linux Distributions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:55:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ecora Software Adds Oracle Enterprise Linux Reporting to Auditor Professional

,----[ Quote ]
| Ecora Software announced expanded enhancements to Ecora Auditor Professional
| that further extend its automated collection and reporting capabilities to
| include the newest generation of devices and operating systems being
| installed in enterprise environments.
|
| Ecora’s Auditor Pro includes support for Oracle Enterprise Linux, the base
| operating system within the newly-released Oracle VM.
`----

http://linux.sys-con.com/read/472660_p.htm

Virtual Iron Updates Its Virtualization Suite

| The latest version of Virtual Iron's software also includes new operating
| system support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and SUSE Linux Enterprise
| Server 10.

| The first being the application availability -- there are 37,000+ available
| packages!
`----

http://jon-reagan.blogspot.com/2007/12/cnr-beta-review.html

Red Hat has back-ported Areca fully series SAS and SATA RAID driver into Red
Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Areca Technology Corporation (ARECA), today announced that their SAS and SATA
| ll RAID drivers have been integrated directly into the Red Hat 5.1 (and
| later), allowing future versions of RHEL operating systems to support Areca's
| entire family PCI-X and PCI-Express series of high performance SAS and SATA
| ll RAID controllers.
`----

http://www.techmessenger.com/Areca-SAS-and-SATA-RAID-driver-back-ported-into-Red-Hat-071112001.html

NetXen's 10-Gigabit RDMA Upgrade Moves High Performance Computing Clusters Into
Mainstream

,----[ Quote ]
| Support for the OFED 1.2 software stack is already integrated into major
| versions of Linux distributions from Novell and Red Hat, making the NetXen
| RDMA approach a "plug-and-play" solution for Linux users.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,221151.shtml

BitDefender: BitDefender Approved for Compliance with Linux Operating Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Technology Partnerships with Red Hat and Novel Confirm Compatibility with
| Linux Operating Systems...
`----

http://www.stockhouse.ca/news/news.asp?tick=RHT&newsid=6208529

BitDefender approved to defend RedHat & Novell Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| BitDefender's security products for mail servers and for Samba have been
| approved for compliance with Red Hat's  and Novell's SuSe  Linux operating
| systems.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15302/53/

Related:

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "Regardless of what kind of developer you are, you're still trying to
| make a living, and target the operating system that?s controlling the
| market."
|
| However, in the most recent survey, the developers' forecast of their
| target platform has changed. For the first time, these developers said
| that in the next 12 to 18 months they expect to be developing more Linux
| apps than Windows apps.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3645766

Red Hat growth: A tale of 2,000 applications

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat's Linux business continues to boom, even when we don't give it the
| credit that it deserves. What is the underlying reason for that growth?
|
| Applications.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9791171-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Linux Will Displace Unix When It Comes To New Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month, Gartner analyst George Weiss predicted applications will no
| longer be developed to run on Unix.
|
| [...]
|
| Linux has its roots in Unix and is POSIX compliant, so converting a new
| application from one to the other will always be possible.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/10/last_month_gart.html

IBM Achieves Major "Linux on POWER" Milestone

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/061201/0190250.html