Re: Dropped from Dmoz, but still in Google's directory

____/ www.1-script.com on Sunday 30 December 2007 02:28 : \____

> whitesmith wrote:
>

>> My site was in Dmoz for about a year, and then suddenly dropped, but
>> it's still in the Google directory which I always thought was a copy
>> of Dmoz. I also noticed that after not showing up in Dmoz under *any*
>> category my site's PR fell from 3 to 1. Could someone please explain
>> what might be happening? Thanks!
>

> Google dir IS a copy of DMOZ but it's only updated something like once in
> 18 months, so enjoy your stay there for a little while longer.

18?!?! That explains a lot. Thanks for shedding some light on something that
hasn't bothered me for while...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 10:05:02 up 19 days, 22:53,  4 users,  load average: 1.36, 1.35, 1.13