[News] Using GNU/Linux to Make Peace, Collaboration

  • Subject: [News] Using GNU/Linux to Make Peace, Collaboration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 13:28:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tech Startup Bridges Mideast Divide

,----[ Quote ]
| Taking on Microsoft is tough enough. But Schreiber is embracing another
| challenge: He's helping create a high-tech economy in the Palestinian
| territories, one of the most poverty-stricken, crisis-riddled spots in the
| world. He has located the development center for G.ho.st in the West Bank.
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/dec2007/gb20071227_091684.htm

Could Microsoft make peace as well? Let's find out...

Quote for the day:

"A great lie! An unbelievable lie. Did anyone utter those words? Our e-mail,
every piece of it, has been searched. I wish we had found somebody who said
it. Then we could take him out, and we could hang the guy, then we’d say OK,
mea culpa. We found him - the guy who said, `I’ll cut off your oxygen.”’"

                --Bill Gates, referring to the “We’re going to cut
                off their [Netscape’s] air supply. Everything they’re selling, we’re
                giving away for free.” quote attributed to Microsoft VP Paul Maritz in
                the US DOJ’s evidence at the anti-trust trial

Related:

North, South Korea Unite Over Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The bitter political foes will team with China on the project, tentatively
| named "Hana Linux"
`----

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/dec2007/gb2007123_556880.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_global+business
http://tinyurl.com/2tzgrp