[News] KDE Team Makes Almost Final Preparations for Big 4.0 Release

  • Subject: [News] KDE Team Makes Almost Final Preparations for Big 4.0 Release
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:36:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
A few reminders

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0.0 final will be tagged on January 4th, unless something suddenly
| happens to change the minds of the release team.
`----

http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/12995.html

Thank you for the code

,----[ Quote ]
| I could go on and on but you get the point - a vast army of developers has
| given decades of precious time to make it possible for people in every corner
| of the globe to use a computer and not have to depend on expensive software
| which, in more cases than not, results in more problems than solutions. Once
| again, I know this from firsthand experience.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15905/1148/

Quote for the day:

"The collaborative, massively distributed development process behind the
Internet and Open Source projects is not your enemy. It is your friend, the
source of basic research that you can turn into your next generation of
products."

                                --Tim O’Reilly

Related:

Kubuntu 8.04 Featuring KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, you heard that right! Kubuntu 8.04, the Hardy Heron, will provide you
| the option of using either KDE 3.5 or KDE 4. Jonathan Riddell just posted the
| news in an email to the Kubuntu Developer’s mailing list...
`----

http://blog.nixternal.com/2007.12.20/kubuntu-804-featuring-kde-4/

KDE 4 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4 looks very promising. It looks good, works good and I predict reception
| will be good.
`----

http://www.masuran.org/2007/12/17/kde-4-preview/

Introducing KDE 4