Re: [News] [Rival] Meet Microsoft: FUD Extraordinaire, Snitch Extraordinaire

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Meet Google: Search Giant, Monopolist Extraordinaire

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft also articulated (Word doc) how the combination of Google's vast ad | networks with DoubleClick's publishing tools will give the company | overwhelming chunks of the market. | | [...] | | Anyone who wants to really dive into the ramifications of the deal to see how | it will affect the online ad market should check out these documents. Are | they FUD? They most certainly are. But it's also some of the best organized | and compellingly articulated FUD I've ever read. `----

http://googlewatch.eweek.com/content/google_vs_microsoft/meet_google_search_giant_monopolist_extraordinaire.html

Related:

FTC: We won't block Google-DoubleClick merger

,----[ Quote ]
| Federal Trade Commission regulators said Thursday that Google's controversial | $3.1 billion merger proposal with DoubleClick can proceed, despite earlier | complaints raised by competitors and privacy advocates. `----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9836456-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

The Chronicles Of Google-DoubleClick

They have a strangle-hold on technology unlike any other, locking up productivity, innovation, and freedom-based computing on their way to a place called Windowsverse: their Promised Land, a litigious minefield of vapourware, alleged Patent violations, and fabricated Intellectual Property claims. "Microsoft" they're called. And if they cannot convert you, they will kill you.

Leading them, the Lord Ballmer. He alone has made a pilgrimage to the Gates of the Windowsverse, and returned a different being --- closed-source, proprietary; half alive and half . . . something else.

If we are to survive, a new balance must be found. In normal times, such evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it should be fought by another kind of evil: Google-DoubleClick.