[News] [Rival] Windows Fanbois Reveal Windows Vista Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Fanbois Reveal Windows Vista Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 12:33:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ou Shill:

Vista deactivates me for upgrading motherboard firmware

,----[ Quote ]
| Anytime you upgrade a motherboard BIOS you pretty much have to hold your
| breath because a botched installation will result in a bricked motherboard.
| But Microsoft seems to be well on its way to bricking my Operating System
| after I successfully upgraded my BIOS.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=938

Microsoft MVP on bug:

Troubleshooting : Recycle Bin Icon does not change in Vista.

,----[ Quote ]
| If you find that when your Recycle Bin does not refresh but shows the same
| icon, irrespective of whether it is empty or full, here are some
| trouble-shooting steps you can try. Hopefully, one of these 5, should help
| you.
`----

http://www.winvistaclub.com/t33.html

Related:

ZDNet's George Ou Exposed as Ignorant Microsoft Shill (Zoon!)

,----[ Quote ]
| Ou's reputation as a shoddy writer of fact-refuting, intellectually
| embarrassing misinformation earns both him and ZDNet the dishonor of a Zoon
| award nomination for spectacularly bad work in promoting the regression of
| human achievement.
`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/RDM.Tech.Q3.07/D7DEE590-2003-4DC7-8DD1-E156142D4FEA.html

Long list of Vista bugs that will keep me off Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| After a grueling week of intense Vista RTM testing, I still can't
| get Vista stable on my primary computer yet even though I've swapped
| out all the bad memory.  This same PC has worked with and continues
| to work with Windows XP just fine.  Even with the good memory in the
| computer, it locks up every hour or two and forces me to hard shut
| the system to reboot.  Apparently I'm not the only one with stability
| issues since reader DAC-Tech who's a Systems Engineer with a big
| company was having issues with his brand new ASUS based motherboard.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=402

"Fake Steve Jobs" is Daniel Lyons, in case anyone wants to sue

,----[ Quote ]