Re: WHS can't handle NTFS alt data streams

____/ Linonut on Tuesday 25 December 2007 18:29 : \____

http://www.emailbattles.com/2006/09/11/ms-insider-the-office-crew-isnt-smart-enough-to-supplant-real-windows-developers/

>> http://tinyurl.com/35eqrt
>
>    "The Office team is taking over Windows.  They have no idea
>    what they\u2019re biting into. Office source is at least an order
>    of magnitude smaller in size than Windows source and Heaven knows
>    how many fewer sku's produce. The product compile times
>    aren't even in the same time measurement window."
>
> Here's a Ballmeresque episode from Windows-Live-guy-cum-kernel-developer
> David Cutler:
>
>    As for Cutler... the hard-nosed kernel developer has gone from
>    Windows development to "improving" Windows Live. When
>    teased about his new assignment, my friend told me he threw a
>    "Cutler classic temper tantrum," nearly wrecking a small
>    part of the cafeteria.
>
>    "Considering that he and not MS owns the kernel code," my
>    buddy said, "This is amazingly stupid!  He's just biding
>    time to vest some stock and then he'll split, I just know
>    it!"
>
> What?  Cutler owns with Windows kernel code?  Can that possibly be true.
> It seems amazingly unbelievable to me.
>
>    He concluded ominously. "A trainwreck of biblical proportions
>    looms. Pick a good seat on the sidelines, trainwrecks this large take
>    awhile to complete. Vista may be the last MS OS for some time to
>    come, especially if Cutler decides to play hardball."
>
>    On the other hand, Ballmer just promised new releases every two
>    years, from here on out.
>
>    Funny how reality doesn't quite match up with the press
>    releases, isn't it?

They are still failing at this. Their diary is made out of vapour. Wait until
they 'rename' (no, they won't call it a rename) a Service Pack to make it seem
like a new&shiny release. A year ago, Allchin said he regretted not calling
the XP Service Packs something else, which would make them seem like new
O/Ses. I think it was in Mary Jo Foley's blog,  but I can't recall for sure
(this might take a while to find).

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
Cpu(s): 25.4%us,  4.2%sy,  1.0%ni, 65.5%id,  3.6%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st