Re: people ready fud ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Monday 24 December 2007 15:02 : \____

> "The subjects Lyons cast the most derision upon are targets of Bill
> Gates: Linux, Google, Apple, and particularly the personality of Steve
> Jobs. That’s no coincidence"
>
> "I earlier documented Lyon’s interplay with another paid-to-say shill,
> the infamous Rob Enderle, who built his career spouting exactly what
> Microsoft wanted him to say every time he ever said anything"
>
> http://snipurl.com/1vro7

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2007/12/23/daniel-lyons-cries-wolf-the-real-bill-gates-behind-the-fake-steve-jobs/

You know, the Mac community has apparently embargoed (in places) Daniel Eran
for mentioning Enderle and these other shills (mention is still publicity)

"Under his own name, Lyons overtly celebrates Microsoft’s Windows Media DRM and
its exploding rental downloads, telling users that the overpriced Media Center
is a much better alternative to Apple’s iTunes video, which 91% of the market
is currently choosing. Lyons is certainly entitled to his opinion, but
shouldn’t he point out that he has that opinion because Microsoft sent him a
free box of its wares to play with along with instructions about what to say
about it? Is it wrong to talk about the money involved?"

Speaking of people-ready, here are some bloggers for your blacklist (bribed by
Microsoft to secretly recite slogans):

Microsoft pays star writers to recite slogan

,----[ Quote ]
| The stodgy old media industry has a rule that newspaper reporters, and TV
| news hosts, shouldn't trade on their public trust to endorse products.
`----

http://valleywag.com/tech/federated-media/microsoft-pays-star-writers-to-recite-slogan-271485.php

Malik, Arrington and Battelle: X-22, come in [to Microsoft]

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9733995-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

,----[ Quote ]
| "The main thing I'm pissed off about right now is that they pulled all the
| ads, which mean we're taking a revenue hit. We're running a business here,
| and have payroll to make. We run ads to make that payroll. Those ads have now
| been pulled."
|
| Microsoft once again corrupts confidence in the blogsphere. They
| turn 'citizen journalists' to marketing people in disguise.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9734034-7.html?tag=head

Microsoft: king of the [s]hill.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Life is too short to proofread"
Swap:  1510068k total,   696856k used,   813212k free,    59716k cached