[News] Early Looks at Ubuntu Linux 8.04 and Mozilla Weave

  • Subject: [News] Early Looks at Ubuntu Linux 8.04 and Mozilla Weave
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 09:13:50 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) Alpha 2 Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) alpha 2 has been released. This release includes
| Kernel 2.6.24, X.org 7.3, GNOME 2.21.4, PulseAudio, OpenOffice.org 2.3.0,
| GIMP 2.4.2, Firefox 2.0.0.10, Pidgin 2.2.2 and so on. You can download
| desktop and server CD installation images from here. The following are some
| screenshots of Ubuntu 8.04 alpha 2.
`----

http://phorolinux.com/ubuntu-804-hardy-heron-alpha-2-screenshots.html

First look to Mozilla Labs Weave

,----[ Quote ]
| The door is open again and registration available for Weave, Mozilla Labs’
| application for synchronizing Firefox metadata online.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/12/first-look-to-mozilla-labs-weave/

Related:

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Hardy Heron Alpha 2 Screenshots

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/screenshots/index.php?linux_distribution_sm=Ubuntu%208.04%20LTS%20Hardy%20Heron%20Alpha%202
http://tinyurl.com/39g68j

Introducing Weave

,----[ Quote ]
| As the Web continues to evolve and more of our lives move online, we believe
| that Web browsers like Firefox can and should do more to broker rich
| experiences while increasing user control over their data and personal
| information.
|
| One important area for exploration is the blending of the desktop and the Web
| through deeper integration of the browser with online services.
`----

http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/12/introducing-weave/

Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Alpha: A First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| The first alpha release of Ubuntu 8.04 (codenamed Hardy Heron) was scheduled
| to be released today, but the official release has been pushed back until
| tomorrow. However, a preliminary CD image of this first alpha release for
| Ubuntu 8.04 LTS has surfaced today on the Internet.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=930&num=1

Update: Hardy Theme Mockup Update: Hardy Theme Mockup

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.slyon.de%2F%3Fp%3D154&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8
http://blog.slyon.de/?p=154