Re: Should Windows be subject to "The Dangerous Goods Act (1985, 2007)"?

____/ Robin T Cox on Sunday 23 December 2007 21:36 : \____

> On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:00:00 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> This was actually discussed before in various contexts. If Microsoft was
>> /not/ above the law, scrutiny would have affected its software a long,
>> long time ago.
>
> Sorry to be picky, but MS is not above the law. It's just that the
> executive branch of the government can decide which bits of the law to
> enforce, and which not to enforce. And, by some peculiar coincidence,
> they have often decided not to enforce the law in MS's case.

Maybe they are afraid of being pressured out of their job? I can give you
several examples of people who lost their job for 'daring' to stand up for the
people (and against things like market abuse, OOXML, ISO hijack).

Government officials are not in the inner circle. They think they are, but
while they have pseudo-power, it's the people with the money who control them
behind the scenes.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
 22:00:01 up 13 days, 10:48,  4 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.86, 1.03