Re: Windows Firewalls Are Owned by the Government (Proprietary Sellout)

  • Subject: Re: Windows Firewalls Are Owned by the Government (Proprietary Sellout)
  • From: Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 20:07:40 -0800 (PST)
  • Complaints-to: groups-abuse@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Dec 22, 2:01 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> The NSA 0wnz popular firewalls and 'secure' email services
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | CRYPTOME reports that the US National Security Agency (NSA) has remote
> | administrative access to several of the most popular Windows PC firewalls,
> | and that it has also taken control of a number of supposedly "secure " email
> | services within the past few months.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/12/20/nsa-0wnz-popul...
>
> Using cryptic proprietary software, the Government still wants to abuse basic
> freedoms like the freedom of speech.

I was doing some research a while back about the Zone Alarm firewall
and found out it was owned by Check Point, an Israeli firm rumored to
be involved in espionage. Unfortunately, one of the Google searches
for Zone Alarm was to the Stormfront white supremacist site where one
of their resident trolls (aren't ALL the Stormfront posters trolls?
lol) gave it the disgusting nickname of "Zion Alarm". I don't like it
when somebody uses the word Zionist.  However, I wouldn't hesitate to
say Zone Alarm may be a Mossad thing.

Any word on how safe Comodo Pro Firewall truly is? I used to have it
installed last time I had Windows installed.