[News] Novell Delivers RadeonHD 1.1.0, OpenSUSE Build Service 0.5

  • Subject: [News] Novell Delivers RadeonHD 1.1.0, OpenSUSE Build Service 0.5
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 08:39:57 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
RadeonHD 1.1.0 Driver Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Less than a month ago, the RadeonHD 1.0.0 driver was released with RandR 1.2
| support and compatibility with the available Radeon X1000 (R500) and Radeon
| HD 2000 (R600) GPUs, with only hardware cursor acceleration. Both 2D and 3D
| acceleration are still lacking with xf86-video-radeonhd, but version 1.1.0
| brings a few major changes to the table.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=948&num=1

openSUSE Build Service Version 0.5 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| LinuxThe openSUSE project releases the version 0.5 of the openSUSE Build
| Service.  This code drop does provide the functionality as provided on
| build.opensuse.org the first time as official tar ball release. Pointsettia
| provides the complete infrastructure to build single hardware architecture
| distributions. System images can be created via KIWI.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/linux/15573/opensuse-build-service-version-0-5-released

Related from yesterday:

Open-Source ATI 6.7.197 Driver Released

,----[ Quote ]
| If NVIDIA releasing the 169.07 driver and AMD releasing the ATI Catalyst 7.12
| driver wasn't enough today, the xf86-video-ati 6.7.197 driver is now
| available for download.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjI1Ng

NVIDIA 169.07 Linux Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Just in time for the holidays, NVIDIA has released a new Linux display
| driver, which is a stable version of their previous 169.04 beta last month.
| In addition, the new NVIDIA 169.07 Linux driver has a few changes, while most
| of the release highlights were already found in the 169.04 release. We are
| preparing additional Linux tests with this new driver, but for right now we
| have the details on this proprietary display driver.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=946&num=1

AMD Catalyst 7.12 Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]