Re: [News] Windows Anti-virus Exposes PC to Hijackers

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Symantec customers stranded by renewals glitch
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Symantec's integration with Veritas in the UK has run into computer
> | problems, leaving many Symantec customers unable to renew their
> | corporate anti-virus licenses and large numbers of computers
> | unprotected.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/04/symantec_glitch/

Those computers aren't actually unprotected, it just means that they is a
delay receiving updates. The current anti-virus still runs and you can skip
the registration and then just the pattern files are updated.

If you make use of heuristics then this problem is minimal anyway. Frankly,
if I had to have a MS machine, then I would put my heuristics engine on
full and be done with all this nonsense.