Re: [News] Novell hints at pending Windows virtualization news

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 08 February 2007 21:21 \__

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1242792,00.html

>  >>>

> SearchOpenSource.com: Does Novell have any news coming out?
>
> Roger Levy: Novell has some key press releases coming out very soon. One
> is a press release with a chip vendor about a new level of support for
> Windows virtualization. The other is an announcement regarding a roadmap
> of all capabilities we will be delivering with Microsoft from our
> collaborative partnership. That includes a series of interoperability
> deliveries in virtualization between Novell and Microsoft. We have
> talked about a couple of those already, like Longhorn virtualization on
> top of SLES 10.
>
> <<<

I just hope that Microvell doesn't grab Xen in order to punish the rest of
the Linux community. If Microsoft did this itself (which it would if it
didn't already have ties in the company that now has a branch/headquarters
in Washington) people would have yelled "antitrust". They play dirty.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
  6:05am  up 17 days  6:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.30, 0.66, 0.71