Re: [News] Migration to Mandriva GNU/Linux for Virtually Everything

  • Subject: Re: [News] Migration to Mandriva GNU/Linux for Virtually Everything
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:28:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Maverick <Sun@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Maverick ] on Monday 29 January 2007 17:57 \__

>>>Do you have to create an account for this place?
>>>If so, I won't bother, but I followed all of timmies links that lead no
>>>where.
>>

>> The COLA trolls know about my profiles better than I do. Sometimes they
>> 'educate' me by delivering 'statistics'. It's amusing when I see these (when
>> non-trolls reply and quote). It's akin to stalking when others know you
>> better than yourself.
>>
>> In any event, that Microsoft MVP got defaced (unfaced rather) by the site's
>> Webmasters/maintainers. Given the /HUGE/ amount of Vista items that flow in
>> today (like 15 per hour, as opposed to about 3), no doubt there's some fishy
>> activity going on. Digg managers have openly expressed their concern in the
>> media because there are not only spammers but also astroturfers on their
>> site. And the astroturfers know how to stay below the radar, e.g. by
>> immersing their agenda using a lot of noise and activity. We observe the
>> same patterns in Netscape. Tons of SEO people (also blackhat), sockpuppets,
>> and spammers. It's frustrating as it's getting more sophisticated and harder
>> to detect with confidence. Accounts get 'nuked' (intercepted) all the time.
>>

> It seems that timmie is going to great exertions to try and discredit
> you at all costs of time.  Strange duck, but duck also have webbed feet.
>   Guess that's what you get for living in Kitsap county.

I think that it's probably related to the News articles.  He was doing
the same with me recently, trying to indicate that I didn't understand
aerodynamics in that case.  Of course, he merely showed up his own
ignorance in the end, but he is an odd character at best.   The article
in the cola troll blog about him is surprisingly spot-on :-)