Re: Short essay on GNU philosophy?

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 07 February 2007 00:43 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Mirek belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Where can I find a short essay explaining the principles of GNU
>> philosophy that would not excede an A4 page but which could be
>> "intellectually challanging" for new readers unaware of the free
>> software movement?
>
> The first page of the GPL?
>
>    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt

Here's a nice new essay as well:

http://www.libervis.com/article/understanding_the_free_software_foundation

Understanding the Free Software Foundation

"Free Software Foundation, or FSF for short, is one of the most controversial
information technology related organizations. Some people hate it and some
people love it."

I only mention it because it's new.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows Vistaster: Newly-coined Windows MEstake
Cpu(s):  22.8% user,   2.8% system,   0.7% nice,  73.7% idle