Re: [News] BBC Open Letter to Bill Gates is a Vista Rant

begin  oe_protect.scr
> An open letter to Bill Gates
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Dear Bill Gates
>|
>| Give me back my weekend. I bought a new Windows Vista laptop -- and
>| that's when the trouble began.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| But what really grates is that your system is incompatible with two
>| of the vital tools of my trade. Vista refuses to load the software
>| for my newish Olympus digital recorder. And here?s what takes the
>| biscuit. Vista rejects my HP IPAQ handheld device ? even though the
>| software for that was created by Microsoft!
>|
>| So in order to put Vista at the centre of what I do, I would have to
>| buy hundreds of pounds of new hardware.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| My conclusion? For all the expensive and much-extended gestation,
>| Vista was not ready for commercial release. And, just so you know,
>| I've never once had a comparably horrible experience with the
>| Google boys.
> `----
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/robertpeston/2007/02/an_open_letter_to_bill_gates.html
> http://tinyurl.com/2tlc8w

Ahh, all is not lost at the Beeb, then...  Well done Mr Peston, I should
say, here.  It's quite fascinating that this kind of realistic
assessment of Microsoft products, which has more or less disappeared
from the world, I suspect due to pressure from Microsoft, has finally
started to appear in an environment where ordinary folk are likely to
read it.

It would appear that Microsoft's ability to manipulate the press is
waning constantly.

You know what they say -- the sweetest word in the English language is revenge.
		-- Peter Beard